Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Books not to read

Books not to read

I will read just about everything and anything, including what is printed on cereal boxes. I do have my preferences. Fiction in just about any category comes first, followed by science, philosophy and theology.
What I tend to avoid is any and all of what I call "By/With" books. If you can't write it yourself, nuts to you and your book. Neither do I care for autobiographies and memoirs. What is the difference between an autobiography and a memoir? I'm not really sure but tend to think something is called a memoir when it less throughly researched than an autobiography. In other words, "I'm not sure what really happened to me or why someone did what I think they did to me, but this is how I feel" No thank you. If you're not sure, I couldn't care less.
But probably the number one group of books I won't read no matter if they are fact or fiction or what is any book that has the name of anyone who is famous and has lots of money. Screw all books by all CEO's, famous actors and others in the entertainment industries, including sport figures, politicians, etc.
You know darn well the books were written to make more money for the eternally greedy. No thank you very much

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home