Sunday, January 28, 2007

Right to Life

Today is Right to Life Sunday in Catholic Churches.
While I am a Catholic, I do not support the effort to make abortion
illegal.
My reasoning is simple. Personally, I don't believe a fetus is a human
being until it is born and breathes on its own.
But putting aside the argument of a fetus being or not being a
humanbeing, I find the idea of making abortion illegal a very scary
idea.
Would anyone who wants to make abortion illegal be satisfied if it
were listed as a misdemeanor with a fine of $5 or $10 levied against
all involved: doctor, nurse and woman having the abortion?
I doubt it.
Then what? Twenty years in jail? The death penalty?
No one talks about that and that is why I do not support making
abortion illegal. Period!
I might also add - just for fun. If human life begins at conception
and a human being exists for the nine months it is in the mother's
womb, should we all get rid of birthdays and start having parties on
the day our mother and father had some sexual fun?
Could we get our drivers licenses and be old enough to drink nine
months sooner than the law now allows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home