Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Abortion by any other name

Here are my thoughts on abortion - original as far as I know.
While I am and have been a Catholic for over 65 years of my 65 years of life, I don't agree with the Church nor do I agree with its efforts to make abortion illegal.
As far as abortion is concerned, I regard it as something which results from bad choices. No need to list all the bad choices made to result in a woman wondering if she should or should not have an abortion.
But what I would like to point out is how a rose by any other name is still a rose. Same with abortion. Call it an abortion when a woman decides to have an abortion or call it a miscarriage if God is the abortionist if you want - but the result is the same.
In my view, a human does not come into existence until it has both a heart beat and is breathing. In other words, it is not human until it is born and takes its first breath.
Looking at it from a legal standpoint, if we were to decide a human exists at the point of conception as John McCain believes, then we need to do several things.
One: the woman and those performing the abortion should be arrested and tried for murder, then executed or face life in prison, depending on the laws concerning murder.
Two: we would need to eliminate birthday parties and start having conception parties. Kids would like this because they could drive and drink at an earlier age by nine months, and adults would be able to have sex with them at 17 years and three months after their birthday. Conceptual Day would always be a guess.
What's my point? I am sick of people who try to show how moral they claim to be by being against abortion.
Afterthought. Jesus had little use for the "good" people of his day.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home